Recent Success Stories
- As Lead Negotiator, successfully negotiated new labor agreement through 2011 (West Kern Water/United Food & Commerical Workers)
- Facilitated resolution of Local Issue and closure of open grievances Big West/United Steel Workers-2008/9
- Facilitated Strategic Planning events for Plains Exploration & Production, San Dimas Medical Group and Kern Steel-2008
- Helped grow a Central California construction company from $8 million annual revenue to $60 million in four years.
- Implemented ISO 9002 procedures for a large regional manufacturer/machine shop facility.
- Developed and implemented a quality management system for a large regional electrical contractor; resulting savings currently exceed $1 million annually.
- Conducted an employee relations audit for one of the largest carrot processors in the world, who implemented recommended changes that assisted in increasing employee retention and satisfaction.
- Facilitated strategic business planning retreats and improved action plans and results for several regional companies.
- Increased profitability by 22% (in the first year) of a regional underground telecommunications company through a focused strategic business plan, employee development, and owner mentoring.
Tom graduated from California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo in 1968; majored in Business Administration with concentrations in Industrial Relations and Psychology.
He was recruited by Shell Oil and worked in Employee Relations in California, Louisiana, and Illinois in Oil&Gas Production, Refining and Chemical operations.
In 1975, he helped start-up and run Elk Hills Naval Petroleum Reserve, creating a fully integrated oil and gas operating company with annual revenues of two billion-dollars. Also while working for Williams Brothers Engineering Company, he designed and implemented a performance management process for the Moroccan State Owned Oil Company, in conjunction with U.S. AID.
In 1985 he was recruited to assist in the turnaround of the state's largest oil well servicing company, California Production Service. The turnaround was successful and the company was sold to Pool Energy Services.
He started his own consulting company, Tom See & Associates, in 1994.
Tom's "mission" is to help companies develop their strategic business plan and weave human capital and quality processes throughout that plan. He specializes in helping Family Owned Businesses.
He has forty years in the business, teaches the Human Resources and Quality Certificate programs at California State University, Bakersfield, and has been on the American Arbitration Association's Panel of Labor Arbitrators. Tom holds a Masters degree in Public Administration from California State University, Bakersfield, as well as a designation of Senior Professional in Human Resources from the Society for Human Resources Management. Also, he has successfully completed the 42 hour training program in Mediating the Litigated Case offered by the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law.
As a past Commissioner of the City of Bakersfield's Civil Service Commission - Miscellaneous Employees, Board of Directors - Bakersfield Association of Retarted Citizens, and the past Chairperson of the Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce's Labor and Employment Law subcommittee, Tom makes a positive difference!
Ask Jerry Klassen, Chief Executive Officer and President of Klassen Corporation about Tom's contribution to the organization's success. Tom has been the Chairman of their Board of Directors and their management coach.
His greatest success has been to see his children graduate from college and develop a strong, positive work ethic.